Applications for Sanctuary Scholarships are being accepted at the University of Greenwich in the United Kingdom for degree programs beginning in the 2021/22 academic year.
They will grant two Sanctuary Scholarships (undergraduate or postgraduate) per year to admission holders who are seeking asylum in the United Kingdom or who have refugee status in the United Kingdom but are not eligible for financial help.
The University of Greenwich, a state-owned university in London and Kent, is one of the most prestigious in the world. In past years, the institution was known as Thames Polytechnic and Woolwich Polytechnic.
The college has a main site in the Old Royal Naval College, in addition to its Avery Hill Campus in the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
Greenwich University also operates a satellite campus in Medway, Kent, that is part of a shared campus with the University of Kent.
The institution offers courses in business, architecture, mathematics, computing, education, humanities, engineering, natural sciences, marine studies, pharmacy, and social sciences, among others.
Greenwich’s former students have included two Nobel laureates.In 2019, the school received the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for its research into pest management and control in order to battle human and animal diseases in the UK and around the world. It received a Silver rating from the Teaching Excellence Framework, which was designed by the UK government.
Greenwich research aims to enhance and make a difference in a variety of fields, including health, science, education, engineering, computing, and social policy.
On its research projects, it strives to engage with foreign agencies, government departments, and multinational corporations (such as GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer) from over 50 nations. Research and consultancy are significant in fields such as employment relations, landscape architecture, natural resources, fire safety, education, social network analysis, training, educational leadership, and public services.
Worth of Sanctuary Scholarship at University of Greenwich
For 2021/22, they will award two scholarships (undergraduate or graduate) to admission offer holders who are looking for asylum or have refugee status in the United Kingdom and are not qualified for financial assistance.
Successful scholars will receive:
- Annual tuition fee waiver
- Maintenance allowance of £5,000, paid in three parts
- Yearly housing fee waiver for Avery Hill Campus.
Once you are granted a status that enables you to access student finance (tuition fee loans, etc.), you no longer obtain the scholarship award in later academic years.
Eligibility for Sanctuary Scholarship at University of Greenwich
Candidates are required to meet all of the eligibility conditions specified below to apply.
- You have been granted a full-time place on an undergraduate or graduate taught program at the University of Greenwich getting in at year 0 or 1, starting September 2021.
- You will be schooling at one of their three campuses: Greenwich, Avery Hill or Medway (not including Medway School of Pharmacy).
- If schooling with a Partner College, the tuition fee has to be paid straight to the University of Greenwich.
- You are not able to get Student Finance (Tuition and Maintenance Loans) due to your present immigration status.
- You do not prior to now hold a qualification that is equal to or greater than the program you are applying for.
- You are resident in the UK.
You have to also be able to submit documentary proof to verify your circumstances.
To be qualified for the Sanctuary Scholarship award, you have to hold one of the following immigration statuses prior to when you apply to study at the University of Greenwich:
- UK asylum seeker
- UK discretionary leave to remain (obtained after an asylum application)
- UK limited leave to remain (obtained after an asylum application)
- Humanitarian protection (obtained after an asylum application).
You will also be qualified if you are a dependant of an individual with one of these immigration statuses.
How to Apply for Sanctuary Scholarship at University of Greenwich
To submit an application, please complete an application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The closing date for applications is Wednesday, Dec 30, 2021.
Visit here for more information and to apply